Transit Management Provider
Transit Management: Unrivaled Expertise
Finding, developing, and retaining talented local management can be a challenging task. First Transit supplies qualified management leaders to transportation systems throughout the United States and Canada. We provide a management team to deliver your objectives, you retain control and accountability for policy, fares, and budget.
By contracting with us, you get much more than just a manager. With more than six decades in transportation and a nationwide footprint, we invest in identifying and developing talent, and put that to best use for you. Our program is customized to each location based on individual transportation management system needs.
In addition to our resident transit professionals to manage your system, First Transit’s team will draw upon an unparalleled nationwide transit network, a rich and diverse collection of experience to support the success of daily operations. Other benefits to our clients include professional transit leadership, management continuity, and maximized cost efficiency with minimum staff overhead.
Dedicated Management Resources
Each one of our transit management services customers can count on:
- A dedicated resident management team works on site with your local staff
- A regional and area executive management team oversees the management of systems, enhances system efficiency, and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Opportunities to save money by using corporate purchasing agreements (CPA), technical support, and other valuable resources
- Sharing of information and experiences through a powerful national network of customers and staff including real-time information
Experts in Transportation
Count on First Transit for management expertise in:
- Daily operations and service standards
- Budgeting, accounting, and purchasing
- Bus yard management
- Routes and scheduling
- Equipment and facilities
- Fare structure
- Marketing, advertising, and public relations
Consulting: A Clear Picture of Your Transit Operations
First Transit can perform in-depth assessments of your transportation operation on a short- or long-term basis. Establishing operational proficiency and effectiveness is key to providing prompt, safe and customer-friendly service. Our consulting experts will review day-to-day vehicle operations, safety practices or maintenance procedures, uncovering transit system quality and efficiency issues.
We pioneered the comprehensive operational analysis model and broadened our transportation consulting expertise to meet customer needs. Our business intelligence and consultants assist in functional areas of public transportation operations, maintenance, and administration. First Transit’s technical staff of professionals can assist with projects including:
- Comprehensive operational analyses
- Performance audits
- Maintenance audits
- FTA triennial reviews
- Scheduling and runcutting reviews
- Special route and corridor analyses
- Paratransit reviews
- Operator monitoring services
- Passenger counts
- Bus yard management
- Fleet inspection
Bus Line Inspection: Building Fleets and Trust
Contracting with First Transit for bus line inspection means gaining unparalleled quality assurance. Our customers know that the entire process will be efficient, reliable, and prompt, with quality buses compliant to the 49 CFR 663 specifications.
Because we have performed bus line inspections for more than three decades at manufacturing facilities across the globe, there is simply no one with as much experience as First Transit. Our expertise has been recognized by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
What We Offer
Whether it’s for a large fleet or just a few vehicles, we are the first choice for bus line inspection. Our job is to identify any possible defect in your fleet before it leaves the manufacturing plant; and, the years spent building relationships with suppliers are central to this. We work together because, in the end, our goals are the same.
At each step of the bus inspection process, First Transit stays accessible and accountable to our customers. We use a unique online system to compile and track shipments and all project information.
First Transit has amassed an impressive record of bus production and secondary in-plant quality assurance inspections. The orders have ranged in size from just one to more than five hundred buses.
- Previous experience at more than 60 manufacturing companies across the globe including Portugal, Hungary, Canada, Northern Ireland, Mexico, Scotland, and the United States
- Experience in providing secondary in-plant quality assurance services on more than 43,500 transit vehicles for more than 2,100 different orders
- A time-tested and successfully proven inspection process resulting in many satisfied repeat clients
- A thorough understanding of the requirements of 49 CFR 663 and the problems related to bus production inspections
The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
SUCCESS STORY: MIDDLETOWN AREA TRANSIT
Middletown Area Transit (MAT) is a quasi-municipal agency funded by the Federal Transportation Administration, the Connecticut Department of Transportation, and the City of Middletown, CT. MAT provides fixed route, ADA dial-a-ride, and rural transportation serving the towns of Middletown, Middlefield, East Hampton, Portland, Durham, and parts of Cromwell and Meriden. MAT provides direct service to Amtrak and the Westfield Shopping Mall in Meriden.